Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Moroccan Tofu Dip

This dip is my creation based on one that I tasted at the Duluth Whole Foods Co-op. I have made it several times to serve at my book club and have been asked for the recipe.  So, it must be good!  When I serve it to friends, I provide fresh raw vegetables for dipping.  For me, I generally spread it on a low-carb pita bread. 

Ingredients:
12.3 oz package MoriNu Silken Tofu (extra firm)
1 Tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice (or more to desired taste)
1/2 Tablespoon canola oil
1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons tamari (soy sauce)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon sea salt

Preparation:
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend till smooth and creamy.

Nutrition:
Servings per recipe: 6
Serving Size:  1/4 cup
Calories: 56
Total Fat: 3 g 
Cholesterol: 0
Sodium: 246 mg
Total Carbs: 2 g
Dietary Fiber: 0 g
Protein: 5 g

No comments:

Post a Comment