Friday, December 30, 2011

Triple Berry Parfait



Festive and a snap to make, this was part of my Christmas dinner with my family.  I had forgotten that I had taken a photo of it until today when I was uploading photos for my other posts.   The combination of the antioxidents in the berries and the probiotics in the kefir make it a great immune-building dessert.  Who knew that dessert could be healthy?

Ingredients:
1/2 cup frozen triple berry mixed fruit  (blackberries, raspberries, blueberries)
1 cup plain low-fat kefir

Preparation:
Partially thaw the frozen fruit mix.  Put the kefir into a blender and add the fruit, and puree to desired consistency.

Nutrition per serving:
Servings per recipe: 1
Serving Size: Approx 1.25 cups
Calories: 209
Total Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 10 mg
Sodium: 133 mg
Total Carbs: 34 g
Dietary Fiber: 5 g
Protein: 15 g

No comments:

Post a Comment