Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Garden In a Glass

I juiced a variety of greens and other vegetables for my birthday meal with my family.  My 23 year old son, Caleb, sampled the juice and expressed his delight with its taste when he declared "It tastes like garden in a glass!"  I loved his description and decided I would adopt his name for it. 

Ingredients:
2 large cucumbers                                                                        
5 stalks celery
1 Granny Smith apple
3 slices ginger root (1" slices)
6 - 7 kale leaves (about 3 cups roughly chopped)
6 - 7 Tyfon greens leaves  (about 3 cups roughly chopped)
1 cup loosely packed parsley

Preparation:
Put it all through the juicer to extract the fiber.  Sip with delight and taste that garden!

Nutrition:
Servings per recipe: 6
Serving Size: 1 cup
Calories: 74
Total Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 84 mg
Total Carbs: 16 g
Dietary Fiber: 0   Sugars:  6 g
Protein: 4 g

1 comment: